Mental Telepathy & The Empath
When one thinks of Empathy and Empaths, sometimes one can not help but move over to the idea of telepathy. Telepathy, also known as thought-tranference, is the transfer of information through thoughts or feelings between individuals by means other than the five senses. A telepath is a person with the paranormal ability to read others’ thoughts and mental contents.
Now what does this have to do with being an Empath? Telepathy can be considered another level of Empathy. It is one that incorporates not just feelings and emotions, but also actual thoughts, as well. So one could surmise that telepathic communication, instead of just empathic communication, gives one a broader and much fuller picture of what is going on inside someone because it is not just a sharing of emotions, which can, at times, seem to have no specific direction. It is the feelings along side actual thoughts, which tend to include situations from the past.
Empathy often is accompanied by Clairsentience (the ability to pick up information through smell, taste, touch, “gut feeling” or intuition) and Telepathy (the mind-to-mind communication of thoughts, feelings, and ideas). Telepathy is not just mind-to-mind verbal communication, but can also be images, pictures, or even dreams. These abilities are delicately interwoven to appear as if it is just one ability. Only with time and learning about the abilities and how they manifest themselves within you are you truly able to determine which is which.
Now let’s expand this idea a bit to encompass a few other ideas within the spectrum of psychic abilities. Mind reading, clairvoyance, and precognition are all perceived through mental telepathy. Mental telepathy makes possible the “knowing” about past, future, or current events that are not supposed to be part of our present knowledge. When someone demonstrates an ability to send and receive information that is not part of their five ordinary senses, it is placed in the realm of “extra” almost as though it was bizarre or abnormal and not part of the human psyche or sense abilities. However, telepathic ability is available to all those willing to practice and learn how to increase this talent that is given to everyone at birth.
Isn’t it interesting to see how all of these things can be interwoven with one another? While on the surface a person can appear to possess only one ability, beneath the surface it can be a whole matrix of gifts working in tandem to allow the person to experience the full spectrum of that ability.
Now let’s look at a quick example of an fictional Telepath in the media. This example might be recognizable to some, and not so much to others, but you will find it a valuable example, either way.
Sookie Stackhouse, of the book series called The Southern Vampire Mysteries, by Charlene Harris, and the television series called True Blood, is a Telepath. Her ability is such, that she quite literally hears the thoughts of the people around her. If she focuses her gift on one person, she also has the ability to see the actual experiences of another person when they are thinking about it, much like one would if they watched a television show.
Now, this example seems obvious, I know. But real mental telepathy is not as clear cut as this example, sadly. People who experience this gift do not walk around, as though they have no mental filters, receiving the thoughts of every person they come in contact with. Alot of the time, it is a much duller sense where in a person feels errant emotions and gets random pictures that can be just as symbolic as they are literal. And it does not happen all the time. Nor can it be easily controlled and/or sustained on a regular basis.
You see, by the definition of the example, very few people experience telepathy, much less can lay claim to the title of Telepath. But reality is often different from what is portrayed in the media (books and television). Telepathy can be a very subtle gift for which one might not even realize they are utilizing.
So let’s look at some ways to develop the gift of Telepathy.
- For 10 to 15 minutes sit comfortably or lie quietly. Start by observing your thoughts get familiar with your own stream of thoughts, do not judge, make comments or follow a certain train of thoughts, it is here that some experience in concentration does help.
- When you can very well distinguish your own flow of thoughts, you will discover underneath a layer of disconnected thoughts, images and even sounds.
- It is difficult to say what you will get personally from this exercise, pictures may involves people you know or don’t know, voices can be familiar or unfamiliar, images can blink out.
- Write description of everything you perceived, if it involves someone you know, you will have to verify with that person if what you received was a legitimate reception.
- Not everything you will receive will be telepathic to get better with this, you have know your own energy better; that the way you will be able to separate telepathy, your energy and the imagination.
- Believe wholeheartedly that you are telepathic and that you can develop your skills. Doubt has no place in any situation where you are trying to succeed at a task. This is especially true with telepathy, since skeptics are hardly ever able to uncover their talents in this area.
- Ask a friend or relative who is not a skeptic to help you by focusing on a picture or object. You’ll then try to focus on her thoughts and try to pick up whatever it is she is seeing. It’s best if whatever she is looking at is able to evoke a powerful emotion, whether it be strong admiration, excitement, anger or any other strong feeling. This creates stronger waves of energy so you’ll be able to pick up on it easier.
- Relax your mind and try not to think too hard about picking up on what the other person is thinking or feeling. Concentration is actually counterproductive, since your mind must be open to receive whatever signals are being emitted.
- Remove all distractions from your area of meditation. This includes clocks, watches, telephones, televisions and radios. All of these items can potentially break your concentration and seriously impede your ability to develop and use telepathy.
- Record whatever image or concept of communication you may receive. It may help to have a journal nearby where you can sketch images or write down words that have popped into your head.
- Analyze any emotion or abstract image you may receive. They may not make perfect sense to you at first, but as you become more familiar with your own abilities, you’ll be able to interpret and understand your visions much quicker and easier.
More On Telepathic Techniques, Exercises, & Tips