The Empath & The Psychic Vampire
In past discussions, if you have been following this blog, we have discussed emotional polarization, archetypes such as lightworkers and darkworkers, love and codependency, emotional dissociation, and narcissism. All of these themes dance around a topic most Empaths are aware of, Psychic Vampirism and Psychic Attacks, but do not openly discuss for the most part. It is as though it were a taboo subject. But I believe it is important to shed some light on this topic. So lets start, as we always do, with some basic definitions to get the ball rolling, and from there…we’ll see where it takes us.
An Empath is a person who has an acute or highly developed sense of empathy. Empathy is the capability to share your feelings and understand another’s emotion and feelings and is often characterized as the ability to “put oneself into another’s shoes”.
A Psychic Vampire is a term used to describe a living person who “drains” others emotionally either empathically (draining the auric life force) or metaphorically (someone who takes emotionally without giving anything back; a “user”).
Psychic Vampires are those which are born with (latent or active) an internal need, a physical need for pranic (life) energy which they themselves cannot supply.
Psy-Vamp is one who has a psychological dependency for pranic energy.
An Energy Vampire (or more commonly known as an “energy vamp”) is a person that feeds off the life force or energy (or ch’i) of other living creatures – mostly other people. Can also be known as pranic vampire, empathic vampire, energy predator, psy-vamp, energy parasite, or emotional vampire.
Emotional Vampirism is the act of manipulating another into an intense desired emotional state; such as love, passion, anger, in order to absorb the resulting emotional energy. Emotional vampirism includes such practices as learning what someone needs in a mate and accentuating those traits so the person thinks he or she is in love.
Emotional Energy arises out of an intense emotional state; such as love, passion, anger.
Pranic energy, also known as life energy, is the energy needed to live.
Prana is the life force or vital energy, which permeates the body and is especially concentrated along the midline in the chakras. It is life sustaining energy centered in the human brain governing inspiration and the conscious intellect.
Here are My results:
Your score is 20%.
You seem to be pretty balanced energetically, continue to pay attention in keeping your energetic boundaries in place.
Here are My results:
Your score is 10%.
You scored very well, congratulations! Keep up the good work defining healthy boundaries, keeping potential energy suckers away.
Characteristics a Psychic Vampire
– Feelings (Mind-Set) of desertion which means the psychic vampires always feel themselves lonely, agonizing and hyper in sucking up the energy of others that’s the merely source of their survival.
– It is the believe of psychic vampires to suck the energy of someone other who is looking charming, full of energy and strong bodily structure so these spirits suck the energies of he/she in an astounding manner which nobody can save from them. That is the self-conscience and self-belief of the psychic vampires which fulfills their energy.
– One of the determinants of psychic vampires is that they suck the energy of others in order to fulfill their satisfaction and contentment so they never feel satisfied until they suck the power and beauty of others either she/he.
– They have got to nurture not only themselves but also their whole population so they usually suck the energy of others in developing their generations in more and more versatile manner.
– Usually, the psychic vampire sucks the energy of other in order to relieve his/her fatigue and tiredness. So, the psychic vampires suck the energies of others for fulfilling their satisfaction, power and all kinds of lower energy level.
Symptoms of Psychic Attack
– The leakiness and declining aura feelings are the major symptoms of psychic attacks (vampires).
– Wooziness and exhaustion are the most common signs of psychic vampires where they could be very attacking upon anyone else.
– Lack of energy is the indication of psychic vampires where it can suck him or her in most blistering manner where no body could save from it.
– Muscle tension is the sign of psychic attack.
– Psychic perplexity is the indication of vampires where they suck the energies of others.
– Chronic headache is the sign of psychic vampire.
– Constant weariness and low energy shows the indications of psychic vampires.
– Lack of sleeping or snoozing represents the psychic attacks.
– Irritation, hypertension and chronic impatience come in psychic vampires.
– When there is depression in psychic vampires, feel the signs of psychic vampire arrival at any time.
– Physical ailment is the symptoms of psychic vampire.
Protection Against Psychic Vampires
You have got to finish all contacts quickly with spirits because you can feel any kind of psychic vampire attacks. Try to indulge in spiritualism by remembering your Guru.
Create in mind a bubble of white light which would take you in strong aura feelings.
3. Energy Shields
Have protective amulets which will be a lucky magical charm for you to avoid of the attacks of psychic vampires.
– A good resource for this is: The Witch’s Shield: Protection Magick & Psychic Self-Defense
The Important Stuff
So we’ve seen definitions and traits of psy vamps, symptoms of psy attacks, precautionary measures, and a few quizzes to see if you are a psy vamp and/or if you are susceptible to psy attack. But please do not assume that this is a complete guide to this topic, by any means, because there is quite a bit of information out there if you are willing to search for it. Now we will move on to the important stuff, that none of the above will tell you.
You and only you have control over your own body in both its corporeal and ethereal forms. What this means is that the only one who can give permission, whether it is out of a lack of attention to what is going on around you or simply unknowing capitulation, to being used in such a way is you. So the responsiblity of either your ignorance or your inattentiveness is on you, while the responsibility of intentionally seeking to drain another’s energy is on the person attempting it.
Most, but not all, people who are deemed as energy drainers or psychic vampires, in reality, have no idea of what they are doing to other people. To them it is as unintentional as knocking into you on accident when you pass one another on a street corner. In these types of cases, there is no intent to harm and no will to steal. Usually these types of people are simply going through something in their lives that has left them highly emotionally needy, so they begin to reach out, in all directions, unconsciously for support.
Beyond this point, there are real psychic vampires who claim the ability to intentionally drain others of their energy (prana, emotional energy, or whatever else you wish to call it). Are all of these people bad, because of such a claim (not debating the reality or fantasy of this topic)? No. They, like all of us, are multifaceted beings who exhibit one behavior which one might wish to avoid. But beyond that one behavior, they are as normal as the next person. They hold down jobs. They have families. They have friends. And they experience life in the same day to day world that all of us share.
As Empaths, we have the ability to shift our perspective to help us understand what others motives and intentions truly are. In doing this, the next time you run across someone you feel is draining you of energy, try to see them from their perspective. Are they really draining you? Are they really trying to hurt you? Think about it.